Falling in love with your home again begins in an unexpected place… the hallway! If there is one part of the house that tends to get neglected, it is the hallway. At most, we may put up a piece of wall art or a few pictures, but that is about as far as it goes. However, there is so much more that you can do with your hallway. In this post, we are going to take a look at some unique hallway décor ideas that you would not expect, but will definitely transform your home for the better.
1. White, textured – If you have a small hallway, white is the color to use. Head to idealhomeco.uk for inspiration. It’ll make the area look a lot bigger and more welcoming. If you choose dark shades, it will only close the hallway in. You may feel that white is boring, but it doesn’t have to be. In fact, playing around with different textures is a great way to give your hallway a five-star edge. You could use bricks and then paint them white, or you could opt for white ceramic wall tiles.
2. Bring the outdoors inside – Plants can make a huge difference to the ambiance in your home, but you have probably not considered placing them in your hallway. This is a great way to boost the mood and purify the air. One stunning idea is to opt for different shaped glass vases, filling them with unique green plants.
3. Make a statement with lighting – Lighting offers a great way of making a big impact without needing a lot of space. Plus, it does not require a lot of effort on your part either; all you need to do is look online for a statement light, which will become the focal part of the hallway. There are plenty of designer lights, which look like a work of art.
4. Add a bookshelf – You should rethink the way you use your hallway. This is something companies like remcondesignbuild.com specialize in. One suggestion is to add a bookshelf. We are used to seeing bookshelves in living areas or study rooms. However, if you do not have the space for one here, why not opt for a built-in bookshelf in the hallway? This is a good way to maximize space utilization while also adding interest to your hallway area.
5. Add some comfort – The hallway isn’t an area we tend to spend much time in. But, this can all change if you had a comfy seat. This used to be commonplace until recently, as modern home design is now centered on space saving, and so houses are more compact. However, if you have space or a period style property, a luxurious chair can look incredible while also providing the perfect place for you to relax and enjoy a good book.
So there you have it – five ideas you can use to transform your hallway. Your hallway does not need to be a bland and boring space; it can be one of the star attractions of your house. From playing around with different textures and adding a bookshelf to investing in statement lighting or a luxurious chair, the options are well and truly endless.